We have a very close relationship with the schools in the Nan Pai He region and have implemented several initiatives to help them deliver a better standard of education. This year, ROC:
• made financial donations to the classroom rebuilding programme;
• donated laptops to two local schools;
• donated 200 backpacks containing school equipment, books and toys;
• held a painting competition for all of the local school children (3,000 pupils across 21 schools) where the winning entries were incorporated into the ROC 2011 calendar. Prizes were awarded for the winners in each age group. Winners have also been awarded a trip to Beijing with their teachers and parents;
• donated surplus office furniture from our Tanggu shore base to a Nan Pai He school; and
• established links between Nan Pai He schools and a Beijing charity, which has supplied several truckloads of surplus classroom equipment.